Tips and tricks
VIDEO / YOUTUBE GALLERY is the ultimate gallery for your videos. It’s the only gallery that can display YouTube videos and videos from your server in the same container. It can be used as a portfolio or a video showcase. You choose. It is XML driven and only needs a simple text editor to be set up. It can be embedded in html ( just drag and drop with your favorite html editor ) and can be integrated in your flash project very easy ( just drag&drop ) or (NEW) in your wordpress blog (tutorial here ) . Update 1.4, with support for youtube playlist and automatic thumb generation makes it the most complete video gallery on the marketplace!
- full of choises – set up the gallery just by inputing your YouTube user/playlist in the ‘feed’ tag of the xml file. all descriptions/titles/thumbs/videos will be feeded directly from YouTube so you won’t need to write anything other then that. to see how your videos will display input it here – http://zoomitflash.net/usergallery/
- flexible – graphics very easy to change from the fla provided
- hybrid – set menuPosition to ‘none’ and leave only one video in the xml and you got yourself a video player :ohrly:
- easy to use – plays youtube movies just by inputting it’s ID and changing a parameter
- reusable – drag & drop in your flash project
[kml_flashembed publishmethod=”static” fversion=”8.0.0″ movie=”http://thezoomer.net/videogallery/preview.swf” width=”800″ height=”330″ targetclass=”flashmovie” base=”http://thezoomer.net/videogallery/”]
You also get this amazing player with this product – http://activeden.net/item/smart-video-youtube-player/80607 , so at this price it’s a bargain.
UPDATE 1.6 [Available]
This update makes this gallery the most advanced stock gallery available. Some of the new features:
- Fullscreen improved
- You can load a user videos or your playlist directly from YouTube!
- If no thumb is specified, the gallery will download the thumb list from YouTube
- So it will be a hybrid with this one – here
- you can choose menu position, right, down
UPDATE 1.3.1 [Approved]
- Fix of the autoplay bug
- when integrated in your flash template, when it is removed from stage, the video will stop(the sound will not continue to play anymore)
UPDATE 1.3 [Approved]
- Fix of the fullscreen bug(when a video has ended)
- autoplay parameter
- if no description, info button will dissapear
- built-in destroy() function
UPDATE 1.2 [Approved]
- Youtube API change
- can play HD videos
- does not need special embed code anymore, just drag and drop in your html project
UPDATE 1.1 [Approved]
- Scrolling improved
- Videos stop when you switch the video
If you want to buy the beautiful videos used in preview you can go to – http://videohive.net/item/slides-ae-cs3-project/54592 , http://videohive.net/item/urban-grunge/79574 or http://videohive.net/item/photo-chain-25/79232
Courtesy of the social icons used in the preview: http://webtoolkit4.me/2008/09/26/social-icons-made-of-wood/
For your convenience, documentation is online at http://zoomitflash.net/videogallery/readme.pdf
Can this gallery be a video player
Download the ultimate version of the gallery
access the xml –
and leave only one video in the xml
You got yourself a video player :O
I modified the xml but my gallery won’t start now from preview.swf
If your first video is a YouTube one you should know the Youtube API cannot normally run locally because of security restrictions. You have 2 solutions:
a)You need to upload the deploy/ folder to your server and acces the gallery online with your browser.
or b)If you still want to run it locally, you just need to add it as an exception for security from the settings button
or c) open the source/videogallery.fla with Flash CS3+ and press F12
if it still does not run, check that your xml is valid 🙂
Can I detach the video from the menu ?
It’s very easy, In VideoGallery.as you have this line
video_mc = new VideoPlayer(videofeed, int(xml.settings.videowidth) – MovieClip(buttonCon.getChildAt(0)).bg_mc.width, int(xml.settings.videoheight) – 28, autoplay, autoplayThumb, vdescArray[arg], typeArray[arg],xml.settings.suggestedQuality, xml.settings.autoplayNextVideo);
This defines the width of the video – int(xml.settings.videowidth) – MovieClip(buttonCon.getChildAt(0)).bg_mc.width [ the xml setting for width – menu width ]
if you would replace this with – int(xml.settings.videowidth) – MovieClip(buttonCon.getChildAt(0)).bg_mc.width-5 -> you would have a 5 px space between the video and menu
How do I play a youtube video
Insert this code in deploy/gallery.xml to add a new youtube video:
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours ]]> youtube
where EkHTsc9PU2A is the ID of your youtube movie
What is an youtube ID?
Take this movie for example – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLvR6ZaZk4 . The youtube ID is just this part: UXLvR6ZaZk4
After the last video has played, the gallery stops. What should I do?
You have added duplicates in the xml; please remove them