Tips and tricks

Problems I had as a WordPress developer with badly coded plugins

As you may know, I sell premium WordPress scripts here – . As authors, we are not required to offer support, but I myself consider it a important part of the deal and I do offer it best as I can. 80% of support requests are related to plugin compatibilities ( the other 20% are free modifications attempts from buyers or buyers who do not read the docs ). I am listing here the most common problems:

script vs. wp_enqueue_script

Needless to say wp_enqueue_script should always be used. 90% of plugin incompabilities are because of this.



jQuery tools

Some wise guy decided it would be better to include jQuery itself in the jQuery tools download he used – . Needless to say, it would crash all WP jQuery plugins. And it was also not included with wp_enqueue_script, it would crash anyway but man… Wasted me some hours, but I’m glad it’s solved.

{"type":"main_options","images_arr":"'#ffffff'","enable_ajax":"off","soundcloud_apikey":"","bg_isparallax":"off","bg_slideshow_time":"0","bg_transition":"slidedown","site_url":"https:\/\/","theme_url":"https:\/\/\/wp-content\/themes\/qucreative\/","blur_ammount":"26","width_column":"50","width_section_bg":"","width_gap":"30","border_width":"0","border_color":"#ffffff","translate_cancel_comment":"Cancel reply","translate_leave_a_comment":"Leave a comment","translate_leave_a_comment_to":"Leave a comment to","is_customize_preview":"off","width_blur_margin":"30","gallery_w_thumbs_autoplay_videos":"off","content_enviroment_opacity":"30","menu_enviroment_opacity":"70","base_url":"https:\/\/"}